Technological Mediation / Mundo Chico Cinema
- Initiate children in a reflective reception of the cinematographic message
- Initiate adolescents in the cinema-debate methodology, from dialogue in small groups to sharing in plenary.
- Develop in children and adolescents a taste for another cinema, different from the commercial to which they are more accustomed.
- Promote training in the work methodology for teachers, managers and responsible adults of different groups of children and adolescents.
- Stimulate through communication education an active capacity with respect to the media.
- Develop a link with the distributors, directors and producers of films awarded by the OCIC and SIGNIS.
- Develop annually film-debate cycles with films awarded by the Ocic and Signis, for children and adolescents from schools in the urban, suburban and rural popular sectors of the country;
- When possible in other Latin American sites within the Signis ALC Cinema and Citizenship Network.
- Benefit children and adolescents from middle and low-income schools, both Catholic and public schools.
"The media have the ability to influence not only the ways of thinking, but also the content of thought (...) by the power they have to strengthen or destroy traditional references in matters of religion, culture and family ”(Aetatis Novae, 4)
N iNOS and adolescents few resources urban areas, suburban and peripheral .Entidades formal and informal teaching system
- Invitation to schools, privileging those that have participated in other editions of the cycle and generating new networks by linking with Signis members from the interior and from Latin America (for the new headquarters)
- Contact the distributors of the films selected for the exhibition to request copies and accompanying materials (posters, photos, pressbooks.) Establish a particular dialogue with the directors and producers of the films that are members of the exhibition that will be invited to the panels of closure of each of the cycles. In particular, the participation of local creators in the audiovisual field will be taken into account.
- Invitation and coordination meeting and pre-cycle training with the moderators and with the teachers of the participating schools for each one of the film-debate to be held.
- Completion of the cycle.
Each CINE MUNDO CHICO cycle will, in principle, have a duration of three business days making projections and debates both in the morning and in the afternoon. However, the cycle can be adapted to the particular needs of each of the inland or Latin American cities, for example by combining projections by region.
Some of the different cycles are carried out with schools in low-resource settings, making it unthinkable to charge any fee, no matter how low it may be. The completion of the cycles is absolutely free.
Within the CINE MUNDO CHICO program, Training Workshops are also held for teachers interested in using cinema as a pedagogical resource for education.
At the end of the cycle, each manager and / or assistant teachers are given folders containing material on the projected film and a Didactic Guide to continue the work in the classrooms.
Each cycle is evaluated through an anonymous survey of attendees so that the project can be adjusted through the experiences of its realization.